Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Candied Chicken Breasts

A few years back Barbara Smith from Channel 4 news also had a program on TV at 11:00 AM week days I can't remember the name to save me, but it was a lot like Good Things Utah anyway I entered this recipe into the show and Barbara and her camera man came to my home and filmed me making the recipe, and I became a TV star. Anyone want my autograph? Ha Ha
Judi Johnston

6 to 10 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Cup breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp Flour
1 Tbsp oregano
Salt & pepper to taste
Mix last 4 ingredients together. Moisten chicken
Breasts and roll in bread crumb mixture put a little
Oil in frying pan brown breasts on both sides then
Layer in bottom of a pan.

Sauce
1 1/2 Cups brown sugar
1/4 Cup mustard
1/2 Cup catsup
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 Cup grated onion
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 Cup water
Bring to a boil pour over chicken. Cover with foil and bake 1 hr. at 350 oven. For an added touch you can put a slice of pineapple on each chicken breast after taking out of oven, but it’s not needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment