(This is made in the Vitamix blender that has variable speeds so it doesn’t just puree it completely. You can chop everything finely and mix by hand.)
1/2 onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced (without seeds for less heat)
1 tsp salt
1 Tbs lemon or lime juice
1/4 c fresh cilantro leaves
6 Roma tomatoes, quartered
1. Place first five ingredients and six of the tomato quarters into the blender and secure lid.
2. Select variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to 5.
4. Blend for 15-20 seconds using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
5. Reduce to variable 3 and remove the lid plug. Add the rest of the tomatoes through the opening.
6. Blend for an additional 10 seconds using the tamper. Leave chunky.
*I strain off some of the excess juice. It changes color once it’s in the fridge for an hour.