• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Reserve a small amount for basting later. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag with shrimp. Seal, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Preheat grill for medium-low heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
3. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 5 minutes per side, or until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Notes: I used ketchup in place of the tomato paste because that's what I had. I removed the tails and served it over pasta.